Sunday, May 15, 2011

Buying a PPOR - emotional stuff.

The time has come to buy not a house, but a home. A place that we will live in for a while, a place that we can shape and mold over the years to make it our own. To give you an idea, I'm already looking at iPad wall mounts for our kitchen so that Melinda can use it as a recipe book. THAT SERIOUS.

So we've been looking around Toowoomba and to tell you the truth, house prices haven't changed much since we put a contract on a rental back in 2007. Luckily the sale fell through, I doubt we could get much more for it now. We're in the market for a 4 bedroom place, not a big yard, somewhere near a park and easy commute to my work. We are also thinking that this may still be a 'transition' house; a house that we will be in for about 3-4 years, before buying something even more to our liking.

I have made peace with one aspect of my current stage in life. I do not want a big back yard. Not now. I am busy enough. I have other stuff to do on the weekends, rather than spend countless hours gardening (even though I do love it).

So this one decision has taken a huge factor out of buying a house; the size of land.

We will most likely end up on a 600 square block, which, now, is fine with me.

No comments: