Friday, January 1, 2010

realestate.com.au just got more wicked!!!

I'm sure some of you may have noticed the cool new functions that www.realestate.com.au have slowly rolled out over the past few months.

My favourite so far has to be the "reviews" section. Not only can I now read about the awesomeness of a town, but thanks to some realistic individuals, we can all find out about the crap side of things as well. Upon clicking on a listing, voile, the towns score, based on feedback, is revealed. You can then click the relevant links to see more, get into the nitty gritty of a suburb/town to get a REAL feel. For example, I LOVE Toowong, a smallish mainly university occupied suburb not far from St Lucia (Brisbane). I have been looking for units there, but upon reading the reviews, I was surprised to hear about how bad traffic had gotten recently, which I hadn't really thought of much. So in essence, it's a great tool, especially for investors.

On the flip side, this could mean the end of little towns. Why you ask? A lot of the little towns I have checked out have very unfavorable reviews, mainly of course because of a lack of jobs and/or facilities. This may, and I must stress, MAY, drop house values, reduce the attention of investors, put a negative on "spin," which the real estate so often rely on, etc. etc.

Let's hope this isn't the case and hope that we get balanced opinions...

No comments: