Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Property news a bit quiet....

Don't know about you, but news regarding property has become repetitive nonsensical (is that a word? Spellcheck says yes) rubbish, that, in real terms, tells us nothing about the state of the market.

I was having a chat with my mum and the topic of becoming a real estate agent came up again. Why should I become a real estate agent??? Well, the money is certainly good if you can talk the talk and don't mind wearing a suit in 40 degree temperature, but if you're like me and prefer to sweat in only boardies and a singlet then I suppose it may not be the job for you. However, there are a lot of these gentlemen and ladies trying to flog off overvalued property, sometimes I feel sorry for them, sometimes I want to play with their minds...you know, just because I can, making serious doe.

The money is certainly very good. Successful agents do well, 150K plus easy, but I bet for every one of these successful BMW drivers, there is a poor struggling agent out there as well, making ends meet to pay the bills and working his/her arse off.

I say good luck to these agents, I hope you don't get too many people playing with your minds...


In other news, I am going to sell a house in Toowoomba. I feel I need an "insurance buffer" for when the rates start to climb, which, like lotto numbers, are near impossible to predict. I will say that I believe it will happen early 2010, possibly February or March, after the Christmas and New Year rush has further restored our economic growth.

Till next time....have fun with your investments...do something nice for your tenants, send them a thank you card for not growing marijuana in your spare third bedroom.

No comments: