Thursday, June 25, 2009

People deny reality....why?

I would have to say I have by now, must have had over 200 conversations about property in the last 5 years of my life with various individuals. Yes, riveting as they may be, there are so many experts out there, I may as well give up and just follow most people's advice. Care to guess what it is??? Don't invest. Wow, words of wisdom...it's like listening to a potato on how to be a carrot.

Yet in my strange parallel universe all is well with my investments. I am going to continue to buy as much as I can (with some security built in of course). Listening to people who don't invest is a very interesting experience for me, I liken it to getting a tooth extracted. Not just any old tooth, one that is stubborn and requires a lot of wrenching, one that has caused you hell for a few weeks before you went to the dentist. ANYWAY, I feel like telling them to get a grip, but then I remind myself that one day, it could bite me in the arse. I have only been investing for 5 years. I have done quite well and am happy with where I am, but was this all just good luck? Did I just happen to stumble upon building markets and cheap suburbs that have performed well? We'll see....

So until then, I will try my best to continue to show restraint, continue to hold my breath the best I can and watch as these "unlucky" individuals continue to complain about how much fuel costs and heaven forbid, KFC, while not investing their hard earned cash into asset producing investments.

No comments: