Monday, March 24, 2008

Things are looking up....

I've been number crunching recently and have come to the realisation that it's working. Investing in property has created a small amount of wealth, that realistically from my wage, would take approximately 15 years of hard saving, and its taken 3. I consider myself at the next stage, the problem is which way to head??? Options:

1. Sell land and try to buy land closer to city.
2. Sell house and try to buy closer to the city.
3. Buy new IP and hope for regional growth.
4. Save as cash, reducing interest/making interest.
5. Build on a block of land.
6. Consolidate and turn one property into cash flow positive...

Sooo many options, which I guess is a good thing when it comes to property.

Just a short note, in the space of a few weeks I have had three people refer to me as "lucky" for buying houses...I laughed. I laughed at the fact people are happy to give advice, to not take their own and to continue the resistance against "investing" their money.

Also I am looking at investing in a business or two soon...as some of you know, I have always dreamed of owning my own pub and come holidays, I will investigate this further...I see THE perfect pub for me, I hope it works out...

Commentary on the market: Hopefully we've seen the last of the interest rate rises for quite some time. The squeeze is on, and it is working, hopefully rates will stabilise, but somehow I doubt it. If the Australian stock market is anything to go buy, the resistance it is showing against the American influence is a bad sign for rates. A healthy economy and good growth signal more rises, I am certain. While it's not all doom and gloom of the 17% of the late 80s/early 90s, it will continue to rise and rise and rise...

I wonder how my fixing tip from a while back will pan out...only time will tell...

No comments: