Thursday, January 3, 2008

Its buying season...

Well hello all who are reading this blog, I'm sure there is hardly anyone, but I will persist in continuing the website and updating when I get around to it...very busy at the moment in my day job. Well a lot has happened since I last wrote and I am now starting to see the market moving again. A quick search shows that there are really only a handful of properties in QLD under 100K and with this in mind, I am looking at Hughenden, Mount Morgan and other regional areas for low cost entry properties. Hughenden in particular really interests me, as I've been keeping my eye on this little town and I like what I see. All services are there, no rentals, not a lot to buy and prices pushing upwards. Only time will tell...

I am also in the process of selling my first house, the very first house my wife and I bought in Kingston. I will be sad to see her go, but in order to move forward, I have to move backwards first, get a run up if you will. Also, the recent interest rate rise, and the talk of more, has spooked me a little and its time to go on the defensive, albeit only for a few months. Also a new job means change in cash flow. Can't wait to see two mortgages gone though, it shows me its all worth while, all the saving and budgeting finally paying off at a small level.

Hopefully I can post more commonly on here in the near future, I will try to keep people informed of my thoughts and opinions about IP, since I can now consider myself at least an amateur, instead of a beginner when it comes to investing. Feel free to use the forum attached to the site to ask questions and to really get the wagon underway towards helping others achieve financial success outside their salaries...bye for now!

Oh, before I forget, you can now find us at www.ozpropertyinvesting.com.au

www.ozpropertinvesting.com.au - free information for the budding investor.

No comments: